Monday, February 25, 2013

Layered Rugs








In designing a room, I think choosing a rug is one of the hardest decisions to make. Do you go bold? Neutral? What material should you choose? When all is said and done, I think that a jute rug is the ultimate foundation to a room. One of my favorite jute rugs is the heather chenille jute rug from Pottery Barn. Not only is it super soft (I own it!) but it has held up very well in a high traffic area of my house.

Now while I think a jute rug by itself is wonderful, I think layering another rug (or hide) on top of it totally takes a room to the next level. The options really are limitless as to what you can layer on top.

In the first picture above, Sally Wheat has layered a white hide on top of a jute rug in her own home. This is the route I have taken in my house; I really like the cozy look it gives. I found mine here and absolutely love it. Another option is a Moroccan-inspired rug. I am loving the new Kasbah Rug from West Elm. How bananas would it be to have a Beni Ourain!? This would be my pick. The Stockholm Rand from Ikea is a budget free buy and who doesn't love stripes? As I have said before, I love Persian rugs. eBay and ESaleRugs are my two of my favorite sites to source them. A few I would be happy to add to my abode: thisthis and this.

Tell me friends, which is your favorite?

No comments:

Post a Comment